1. How Does LiquorConnect.com know WHICH RETAILER carries a product?
LiquorConnect.com looks at which Retailers ordered from Connect Logistics. A product will show as being available at a liquor store if it has received the product in a certain time frame. Here are the criteria:
Received in the last 3 months if the wholesale price is < $30.00 per unit.
Received in the last 12 months if the wholesale price is > or = $ 30.00 and < $89.99 per unit
Received in the last 24 months if the wholesale price is = or > $90.00.
Received in the last 12 months regardless of price if the product is considered a slow moving (sells less than approximately 300 cases in 12 months)
Note: Because any Retailer may sell out of any product, it’s important that you call ahead to the Retailer to confirm product availability. Connect Logistics takes no responsibility for the fact that any Retailer may have sold out of any product listed in this buying guide.
2. What types of products does Connect Logistics Services handle?
Connect Logistics Services is the Alberta distributor of wines, liqueurs, spirits (whisky, vodka, rum, gin, etc.), micro-brewed & regionally crafted domestic beer, and imported beer. (The Connect Logistics distribution centre does not handle some domestic beers, like Molson and Labatt)
3. Do you buy product from Suppliers and Agents?
Connect Logistics Services does not own the product in our distribution center. We are a 3rd party distributor of liquor products. The product belongs to the Agent or Supplier until it is sold to a licensed buyer.
4. Who decides what products to stock in your warehouse?
Each Supplier or Agent determines which of its products it will offer for sale in Alberta and how much inventory is available, based on market demand.
5. Can I order products to ship TO MY home?
No, you can have a liquor store order products for you. Connect Logistics does not distribute to consumers.
6. I am trying to get a case of a particular product, not available in Alberta, what do I do to get this?
You can search similar products in the online catalog, view Agent details for that similar product and contact the agency to determine if they will bring the product in to Alberta for you.
7. I was not able to find a product?
That could mean that the product is discontinued, has been temporarily sold out, or the spelling is not correct, or the product doesn't meet the above # 1 criteria.
Or ** Restricted Allocated products will be visible to the consumer but will have a masked SKU # The consumer will be prompted to contact the agent for more information on the product.
8. I am having a wedding and need to know where to obtain a liquor license?
You can contact a Liquor store, a general merchandise liquor store or a general off sales room ro obtain a Special Event liquor licence (see Alberta Gaming and Liquor website http://aglc.ca/licences/specialevents.asp for more information).
9. What Do I need to access the site?
In order to access the web site, you must obtain Internet access from a local supplier.
- High-speed access can be arranged through your local telephone or cable company. Low speed access may also be obtained from a local company (Look for ‘Internet Services’ in the Yellow Pages for local dealers). The Internet provider will assist you to set up your computer for connection to the Internet.
- The URL for LiquorConnect.com is LiquorConnect.com.
- Enter the user name (ID) and password you received from Customer Service (ID and passwords
are case sensitive).
- Logout by clicking on the 'Logout' button on the left hand menu bar.
In order for the website to run smoothly, you must be using Microsoft Internet Explorer Version 7+, Firefox 3.5+, or Safari 4.5+. These browsers are free online.
- IE can be downloaded from Microsoft at:
- Firefox can be downloaded from Mozilla at:
- Safari can be downloaded from Apple at:
- Adobe Acrobat Reader to read the documents that can be downloaded from the web site.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader can be downloaded at:
Browser Settings (VERY IMPORTANT)
To ensure current data is displayed, set the browser options as follows:
For Internet Explorer:
Common Security Settings
- Always accept cookies
- Allow cookies that are stored on your computer (Version 5 - default)
- Allow per-session cookies (Version 5 - default)
- General/Temporary Internet files/Settings
- Every visit to page (set to on)
- Internet Zone
- Medium (default)
For Mozilla Firefox:
-Firefox will: Remember History
-Use custom settings for history
-Check Accept cookies from sites and Accept third-party cookies
-Set Accept Cookies to ‘Always’ or ‘Only From Sites I Visit’
Please refer to your browser’s help file for assistance.